Standlee® Premium Alfalfa Pellets - 40 lbs
Call to place order for Local Delivery,1-800-928-7777.
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares.
Other Product Benefits
- • Low in carbohydrates
• Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
• Minimal dust
• Easy to feed and store
• Useful as a fertilizer in gardens or flower beds
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
- Crude Protein Min 16%
Crude Fat Min 1.5%
Crude Fiber Max 30%
- • Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
• Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
• Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Western Forage® cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
• Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
• Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
• Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.